This SpongeBob milkshake is very easy to make and can take less than 10 minutes! It is filled with uber creamy textures and delicious strawberry vanilla flavors.
In today’s recipe, I have also included a ton of different variations you can try. They are all very easy and will allow you to make a milkshake perfectly suited to your needs.
Where Is The SpongeBob Milkshake From?
SpongeBob has given us a ton of delicious and drool-worthy dishes over the years. This strawberry-vanilla milkshake is no different.
Granted, SpongeBob’s first attempt at this milkshake was a miserable fail. But after SpongeBob went to the Milkshake Academy to update his milkshake-making skills, he redeemed himself and made the best milkshake in town!
So, what exactly is this SpongeBob milkshake made of? Well, that isn’t known for sure. But we do know that it is topped with whipped cream and fresh cherry.
So today, I will make a super quick and easy strawberry and a vanilla shake. It is topped with the signature whipped cream mountain and fresh whole cherries.
This is how simple you can do that!
Now, even though this is the classic recipe that SpongeBob uses, I will also cover some variations for this recipe. This way, you can make a milkshake that suits your needs perfectly.
Let’s get right to it!
Variations For This Strawberry SpongeBob Milkshake Recipe
We will first start with some variations for this strawberry milkshake.
Making It Vegan
First, this SpongeBob milkshake can easily be made into a vegan shake. Just use vegan ice cream and a plant-based milk alternative. Of course, you’ll also need to make vegan whipped cream if you want to garnish it in the same way.
So, choosing vegan ice cream can be tricky. And, if you cannot find a product that you like, you can always just make your own at home. Homemade vegan ice cream is often a lot cheaper and healthier than store-bought options.
You can take a look at these vegan ice cream brands. If you cannot find vegan strawberry ice cream, you can just use vegan vanilla ice cream. Then, add some fresh strawberries or strawberry syrup with the blended ingredients.
To replace the milk with a vegan alternative, I like to use oat milk or almond milk. Both are relatively neutral in flavor which works well with strawberries.
And finally, instead of whipped cream, you can add whipped coconut cream. Or, make your own vegan whipped cream with aquafaba liquid and powdered sugar.
Other Dietary Needs
Some people are also lactose-intolerant. In this case, you can simply buy lactose-free ice cream and lactose-free milk.
Both are relatively easy to find these days. You can look at your local grocery store or health shop.
If you have someone allergic to strawberries, use a different type of berry ice cream. Raspberry or cherry ice cream will work the best.
Add-In Variations For This SpongeBob Milkshake
You can add real strawberries into the milkshake for an even more authentic flavor. It may leave some textured pieces, but nothing too big.
You can also decorate the side of the glass with thick strawberry syrup. It will make the strawberry more visually appealing. And, it’s a fun change for birthday parties!
Other than that, you can add some basic additional flavors if you’d like. As long as it fits the general strawberry flavor.
Some flavors I personally love are mint, almond, and macadamia. You can add these in the form of an extract if you don’t want to add whole nuts and fresh mint leaves.
Tips And Tricks For My Krusty Krab SpongeBob Milkshake
- If your milkshake is too thick, as I mention in the recipe below, you can thin it down using more whole milk.
- But, if you’re milkshake isn’t thick enough, there are two ways you can make it thicker. The first is adding more ice cream. But, this only works if the milkshake is a little bit too runny. Otherwise, you can freeze the runny milkshake liquid again. Once it has thickened slightly, you can blend it again.
- If you cannot find a strawberry ice cream you like, replace it with vanilla ice cream instead. But, you have to add strawberry extract, syrup, or real strawberries. This isn’t a plain vanilla milkshake.
Does a milkshake need to be made with ice cream?
In my opinion, milkshakes are ice cream. Many people have cheat methods to make milkshakes without ice cream. But it never has the same creamy, thick, and silky consistency. So, for the best and most authentic results, milkshakes have to be made with ice cream.
Are milkshakes healthy?
Dairy products are generally high in fat. And ice cream has added sugar on top of that! So, all in all, there is no way to escape the high-calorie count. But, a sweet treat in moderation is never a bad thing. Portion control is key.
What can you serve with a milkshake?
There is nothing a delicious creamy SpongeBob milkshake doesn’t go well with. If you want to keep it within the Krusty Krab menu, try this Krabby Patty Burger Recipe. But, if you are only feeling snacky, you can try these Steven Universe Fries or The Emperor’s New Groove Spinach Puffs.
More Shake Recipes
- Batido de Trigo Milkshake
- Upside Down Milkshake
- Riverdale strawberry milkshake
- Spongebob Kelp Shake
- Mango Milkshake
Uber Creamy Strawberry And Vanilla SpongeBob Milkshake Recipe
- 1 cup strawberry ice cream
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- 3/4 – 1 cup whole milk
- Whipped cream, for garnish
- Fresh whole cherries, for garnish
- To begin, add your strawberry and vanilla ice cream scoops inside a blender or food processor.
- Then, add the whole milk inside too. Only start with 3/4 cup of milk.
- Blend the ingredients together until you get a uniform texture. It only takes about 20-30 seconds.
- If you want to adjust the consistency of the milkshake, add a little more milk. Blend the ingredients again.
- Once you are happy with the consistency, pour the SpongeBob strawberry milkshake into milkshake glasses.
- Top each milkshake with a big dollop of whipped cream and a delicious fresh cherry, just like SpongeBob did!