In today’s recipe, I will show you how to make one delicious chicken wings marinade that is perfect for Super Bowl night or any game night!
This recipe has an amazing flavor and creates the perfect textures. It is sure to become a favorite for all your gatherings.
What is Sticky Soy And Garlic Chicken Wing
Sticky Soy And Garlic Chicken Wing Marinade is a flavorful marinade that helps to infuse the chicken with both sweet and salty flavors. It includes ingredients like soy sauce, garlic, and honey, to give it that delicious sweet-salty taste. This combination creates an unbeatable sticky texture that will coat your chicken wings to perfection. When cooked, the marinade thickens up and caramelizes in all the right places.
What do you need to do for this delicious Sticky Soy And Garlic Chicken Wing Marinade?
Chicken wings: use fresh and good quality wings for the best result.
Dark Soy sauce: the savory and salty flavor of the soy sauce helps to create a tasty base for the marinade.
Garlic: garlic adds an aroma and taste that really amplifies this marinade.
Honey: the sweetness in honey provides a balance to the saltiness of the soy sauce, creating a perfect combination.
Fresh Ginger: ginger gives the marinade an aromatic bite that pairs wonderfully with all other flavors in the marinade.
Oil: oil adds an extra boost of flavor, as well as aiding in keeping the wings moist during cooking.
Fresh coriander and black sesame seeds: can be used as a garnish to add extra color and texture. The freshness of the coriander adds a very pleasant flavor while the sesame seeds give a nice crunchy texture.
How to make Sticky Soy And Garlic Chicken Wing Marinade?
1. In a large bowl, mix together soy sauce, cloves of crushed garlic, honey, and ginger. Whisk these ingredients together until they are fully combined. Reserve 1/4 cup of the marinade for later use.
2. Add the chicken to the marinade. Make sure to coat each wing evenly so that they all get the full flavor of the marinade.
3. Cover it with plastic wrap or a lid (if using Tupperware) and place it in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, up to 24 hours.
4. When ready to cook, preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Place the chicken wings on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
5. Then, remove them from the oven. Pour over the remaining marinade (that you reserved earlier). Add the chicken wings back into the oven and leave them to cook for another 5 minutes.
5. Decorate it with fresh coriander and sesame seeds and serve with your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy!
This Sticky Soy And Garlic Chicken Wing Marinade will make for the perfect Super Bowl night meal. With plenty of flavors and that sticky texture, this marinade is sure to be a hit with everyone at your game night.
More Delicious Chicken Recipes
How Can I deep-fry Garlic Soy chicken wings?
If you don’t want to bake your chicken wings, you can also pan-fry them instead! Heat up some vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, once hot, add the chicken wings in batches so that they aren’t overcrowded.
Fry until golden brown on both sides; the approximate cooking time is 8 – 10 minutes per batch depending on the size of the pieces being fried.
Once cooked through, remove from the heat immediately and drain off excess fat using paper towels. For a more deep guide check out How to Make Deep Fried Chicken.
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR THESE SUPER BOWL CHICKEN WINGS MARINADES
- For extra crispy skin on your chicken wings, try broiling them briefly after they have finished baking. Set broiler to high, place baking sheet with wings onto the upper rack, and broil for 2 – 3 minutes until skin is crispier but not burned. Keep an eye on them while they’re under the broiler as times can vary depending on how close the rack is located.
- To add extra flavor, try adding some additional seasonings such as chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, or coriander. These spices will work well with this particular marinade recipe. Just be sure not to add too much salt as soy sauce already contains plenty!
- Make sure to serve these sticky soy and garlic chicken wings with plenty of napkins, as they will be quite messy. With this delicious marinade, you’ll be sure to have the best Super Bowl night feast ever! Enjoy!
Yes! This marinade can be made up to 24 hours ahead of time. Make sure to store it in an air-tight container and keep it refrigerated.
Once cooked, the leftovers can be stored in an air-tight container and kept in the fridge for up to 4 days. Check out my guide on how to reheat chicken wings in the air fryer.
These wings pair perfectly with homemade ranch dressing, spicy mayo, or a honey mustard dip.
Sticky Soy And Garlic Chicken Wing Marinade
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- ¼ cup dark soy sauce
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh finger, grated
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil (I prefer olive oil)
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves, washed, dried, and chopped
- 1 tsp black sesame seeds
Sticky Soy And Garlic Chicken Wing Marinade
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Pat the chicken wings dry with paper towel and double-check that they are clean. Set them aside so they can come up to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the soy sauce, maple syrup, chopped garlic, grated ginger, and vegetable oil. Use a large bowl!
- Then, add the chicken wings to the soy sauce mixture. Toss the ingredients together so that all the wings are coated evenly and well.
- Remove the coated wings from the marinade and place them on a lined roasting tray in a single layer. Do not let them overlap. That will cause them to cook unevenly and not crisp up on all sides. You can set aside the leftover marinade for later use.
- Leave the wings to bake for roughly 15-20 minutes.
- Then, remove them from the oven. Pour over the remaining marinade (that you reserved earlier).
- Add the chicken wings back into the oven and leave them to cook for another 5 minutes.
- If you'd like, you can switch on the grill element and finish them off for a minute or two. This will help that top layer caramelize. But be careful not to burn the meat!
- Serve the wings immediately with some freshly chopped coriander leaves and black sesame seeds.
Leave a Reply