This cantaloupe melon juice recipe is the perfect Valentine’s day drink! It’s great for a romantic picnic, beach days, or a stay-at-home barbecue. And it is very versatile and can be adjusted to your liking with no extra effort!
Give it a try, and let me know what you think! Don’t forget to check out my other amazing homemade juice recipes! They’re all healthy, quick, and very easy to make!
Why I Love This Cantaloupe Melon Juice
If you are looking for a refreshing, quick, and easy beverage for a hot summer’s day, then this one is for you!
Today’s melon juice recipe is extremely easy to make and only contains three ingredients. This drink is very simple and will take you less than 10 minutes!
Furthermore, it is surprisingly low in calories and loaded with vitamins and minerals.
You can make this drink for any occasion! It’s perfect for picnics, spring high teas, and even simple refreshments for summer barbecues. And it’s one of my go-to Valentine’s day drink recipes I make almost every year!
If you enjoyed my Homemade Pomegranate Juice, you will fall in love with this drink!
How To Make Cantaloupe Juice In a Blender
This is one of the easiest cantaloupe melon juice recipes that you will ever make! It takes less than 10 minutes, and most of the time is spent cutting the fruit.
To cut cantaloupe, you will need a very sharp knife. I always end up using a large chef’s knife and a small paring knife. The big knife helps easily slice through the tough skin. The small knife helps remove it from the slices.
Once the cantaloupe is halved, you should remove the seeds. And unfortunately, they aren’t edible.
Once your melon is prepared, all that’s left to do is blend it with some water and a bit of honey.
There are, of course, a couple of easy variations to this recipe. But if you are one of those people who loves making everything from scratch for this special day, you know that making quick and easy (yet pretty) things is key!
Variations Of This Recipe
There are two ways you can make this cantaloupe drink unique and customized to your preferences.
The first way is to change the actual juice. The second is to garnish it with delicious toppings.
Changing The Flavor Profile Of The Juice
Cantaloupe melon juice is pretty sweet and fruity on its own. That’s what I love about it and why my recipe doesn’t include a ton of additives.
However, there are some basic ingredients you can incorporate to change the flavor a little.
First up, you can pair it with another fruit. Personally, I love the combination of cantaloupe and honeydew or strawberries. Blueberries, raspberries, pineapple, and grapes are all excellent choices as well.
Some secondary options that may require some experimenting include mango, orange, peaches, and kiwi. They will definitely work, but you will need to get the ratios right.
You can add some fresh mint leaves too for a more herbaceous flavor profile.
And, of course, a dash of gin or vodka can turn this into a boozy melon drink!
Altering The Sweetness
This juice isn’t vegan because it uses honey. However, you can easily use Stevia or agave nectar instead.
Just remember that you will likely need to use less because they are much sweeter than honey. Again, you can play around with exactly how sweet your cantaloupe melon juice can be.
Playing Around With Consistency
I prefer my juice strained. If I don’t, it tends to be extremely thick and pulpy. You can even think of this as cantaloupe water and not a smoothie.
To start, I strain the whole batch of freshly blended juice. Then, if you’d like to have a little bit of pulp, simply add a tablespoon (or teaspoon) back at a time.
This is optional but a way to customize it to your liking.
Tips And Tricks For Cantaloupe Melon Juice From Scratch
- When removing the skin of the canteloupe, you should also cut away the green inner skin. This part is a little bitter and will change the flavor of your melon drink.
- Be VERY careful when slicing the cantaloupe. It is a little slick, and you can easily cut yourself. Always work on a chopping board and make sure to cut carefully.
- You can use a fine-mesh sieve to strain the juice. A muslin cloth may be too tightly woven to easily pass the juice.
What To Put On Cantaloupe Juice?
Some great garnishes for cantaloupe drinks include chia seeds, fresh mint leaves, berry slices, or a dollop of yogurt. Again, you can look at some of the parings for the fruit and use them as garnishes.
Is Cantaloupe Melon Juice Healthy?
The calories in this cantaloupe juice are extremely low! Each serving will only contain between 60-70 calories. The exact number depends on how much prepared (deseeded and peeled) cantaloupe you end up getting from your fruit.
More Delicious Juices
Cantaloupe Melon Juice – Romantic Valentine’s Day Drink
- 1 cantaloupe melon
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp honey (or to taste)
Prepare the cantaloupe
- To start, cut the cantaloupe in half. You should now have two sections.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop out the seeds and fibers from each half. The seeds can be discarded.
- Slice the halves into a couple of slices. There isn't any specific size. Just any manageable size.
- Next, take a slice and "peel away" the skin. You can use a sharp paring knife to help with this process. Repeat this process with all of the slices. Then cut them into smaller chunks.
Make your cantaloupe juice
- Place the cantaloupe chunks into the blender.
- Add 2 cups of water. Blend the ingredients together until you have a smooth, uniform mixture.
- This step is optional, but I recommend it. You can now strain the juice to remove the pulp and fibers.
- Once you have a strained (or unstrained) juice, add the honey. You can add more or less until you are happy with the flavor.
- Serve the fresh homemade juice with a couple of ice cubes and garnishes of your choice.
Leave a Reply