Homemade pomegranate juice is delicious, healthy, and refreshing. If you have a blender at home, you can easily make it within 30 minutes. Pomegranate is a delightful and beautiful-looking fruit with plenty of nutritional benefits. Pomegranate juice can reduce systolic blood pressure. As pomegranate juice is rich in antioxidant polyphenols, it has anti-inflammatory properties to prevent cancer and inflammation. It facilitates digestion and keeps the heart healthy.
Pomegranate juice is loaded with iron. When you combine it with a citrus fruit rich in Vitamin C, it helps in iron absorption. In this recipe, I have used lemon to enhance the nutritional value of the juice. You can alternatively use oranges or kiwi instead of lemon. I am also using ginger in this recipe because ginger prevents cough and cold. Moreover, it just tastes delicious.
For this pomegranate juice recipe, choose pomegranates that look fresh and have smooth skin without blemishes. Avoid pomegranates that look dry as it is difficult to peel them. Be patient and careful when you are taking out the seeds. Although it is time-consuming, it is the most important step for making pomegranate juice. If you want to have chilled juice, keep the pomegranate seeds in the refrigerator for a few hours before putting them in the blender. Adding ice cubes to the liquid will reduce the nutritional value and taste of the homemade pomegranate juice.
Are you battling bad skin? Pomegranate Juice is great for the skin and has anti-aging properties. Pomegranate is also a great source of Vitamin C. Try out this delicious and refreshing juice recipe; you will love it, and your skin will too!
- 5 Large pomegranates
- 1 Lemon
- 1 teaspoon Ground ginger
- A pinch of salt
- Wash the pomegranates and lemon.
- Cut the bottom part and crown of the pomegranates.
- Make 4 deep incisions on each fruit to divide it into 4 equal parts.
- Take out the seeds of the fruit and put them in a bowl. Discard the pith. Alternatively, you can deseed the pomegranates in a water bowl.
- Cut the lemon into two pieces.
- Add the pomegranate seeds, lemon, and ginger to the blender jar.
- Pulse the pomegranate seeds a few times so that the juice gets released.
- Strain the juice into a container by using a mesh strainer.
- You can add a pinch of salt to the juice to enhance the taste.
- Serve the juice immediately.