This quick and simple “egg in bread hole” recipe is delicious and very simple to prepare. The Baked Bread Stuffed with Egg and Bacon is also a great surprise for any type of brunch, party, or event. The best thing is, it only takes about 15 minutes! I was definitely surprised when I first heard about the idea of an egg in the center of the bread. In the meantime, it has become one of my all-time favorite snacks! Just place the egg in the middle of the bread, put it in the oven and enjoy!
BREAD WITH EGG AND BACON IN THE MIDDLE
- 2 slices Bread sourdough
- 1 tablespoon Butter unsalted
- 6 Eggs
- 6 Bacon slices
- Salt and Pepper
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan freshly grated
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 350°F.
- Cut your favorite bread in slices. I used large sourdough bread slices. Toast will work just fine as well.
- Then, cut a hole in the center of each bread slice, using a 1-1/2-inch cookie cutter. I used a heart-shaped cookie cutter and managed to get 3 hearts into each slide.
- Keep the leftover bread to accompany with the baked egg or reserve for another use. Spread all bread slices with margarine, and place it margarine-sides down in a baking sheet, and put them into the oven for about 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, fry for each bread piece a slice of bacon and put it aside. Then take the bread out of the oven and place one rolled slice of bacon and one egg into each hole.
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper and freshly grated parmesan cheese over it. Bake it for 15-20 minutes or until the eggs are set. You can also bake the leftover bread pieces for 5 minutes and serve them as a side dish.