Any of my family and friends, or anyone who has been reading this blog for a while, will be able to tell you I love my air fryer! It’s my favorite method for quick cooking, it’s healthy, clean, easy to use and fuss-free, and it makes incredible crispy sweet potato fries.
Sweet potato fries made in the oven are good, but they never reach a satisfactory level of crispiness in my opinion – they are always slightly soft. However, cook them in an air fryer, and your sweet potato fries emerge crisp and perfect, plus my recipe is extra special as I’ve come up with a garlicky paprika spice mix to toss the fries in before baking.
So, if you’re a bit bored of your soft sweet potato fries baked in the oven, and you want to try my crispy, quick-to-make air fryer sweet potato fries recipe, then check out my guide!
WHY BUY AN AIR FRYER?
Air fryers have become increasingly popular in the last few years, and while we don’t always want to jump on the bandwagon and buy all the new gadgets when it came to my air fryer, I conceded defeat and bought it, and now can say it is one of my favorite cooking appliances.
Here are my 5 top benefits of cooking with an air fryer:
- Even though it is called an ‘air fryer’, it is actually a mini convection oven. Therefore, it is considerably healthier than anything made in a fryer. An air fryer and a deep-fat fryer are at opposite ends of the cooking spectrum. They only share a word associated with delicious crisp fries, chicken wings, doughnuts, any food we know to be naughty and irresistible. However, thanks to an air fryer, we can create this food without feeling naughty.
- Every time you use your air fryer, it will deliver perfectly cooked food, and every batch of fries will be golden and crunchy, with 80% less calories than frying in oil.
- You can use an air fryer to cook anything! It’s also a substitute for your oven so you can bake brownies, cakes, muffins and pastries. Roast a chicken in there if you want!
- It cooks everything much quicker than your powerful oven because of the fan pulling hot air around the confined space, and as the drawer is non-stick it is incredibly easy to clean.
- Add your raw, ready-to-cook food to the non-stick drawer, then you just need to set the timer and the air fryer takes over. Healthy, quick and convenient – the perfect kitchen appliance.
HOW TO MAKE PERFECT AIR FRYER SWEET POTATO FRIES
And now, the main event – the perfect air fryer sweet potato fries! With only four ingredients, my air fryer sweet potato fries recipe is effortless!And before you know it, you have a plate of sweet potato fries to eat with a burger, chicken, or just on their own with your favorite dip!
You will need:
Sweet potatoes: Choose firm medium-sized potatoes, easy to peel and chop into matchsticks
Paprika: Such a warming flavor which perfectly complements the potatoes’ sweetness, adding a little bit of feisty spice
Garlic powder: While I love fresh garlic, garlic powder is much easier to bake with or use in a marinade as it doesn’t need any advance preparation. Simply measure out the amount, toss it with the other ingredients and it’s done!
Olive oil: Olive oil is by far one of the healthiest cooking oils. Consume at least a tablespoon a day to improve our anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory levels.
Salt and pepper: The perfect sweet potato fries are well-seasoned for the best flavor!
Here is what you need to do:
- Peel your sweet potatoes and chop them into matchsticks.
- Tip them into a bowl with the spices, seasoning and oil, and mix together.
It’s that easy!
You’re probably wondering – how long should you air fry sweet potato fries?
They don’t need long! Pour them into the drawer of your air fryer, slide it inside, and set the timer for 12 minutes.
Once cooked, crisp, and smelling incredible, serve your sweet potato fries. I won’t judge you for snacking on a couple on your way to the table!
Try my air fryer sweet potato fries recipe today and forget soft sweet potato fries made in the oven!
AIR FRYER SWEET POTATO FRIES
- 2 Sweet potatoes
- ¼ teaspoon Paprika
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Olive oil
- ⅛ teaspoon Black pepper
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- Preheat your air fryer to 380°F / 195°C.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut each into ¼-inch thick slices.
- Put the sweet potatoes in a large bowl, and mix with the rest of the ingredients.
- You can cook the sweet potatoes in 2 or 3 batches until they are crispy. Cook for about 12 minutes and you can turn them after 6 (depending on your air fryer).
- Serve and enjoy with the dipping sauce of your choice.