If you have been looking to make quick and simple air fryer eggplant slices with parmesan, then look no further. This recipe is perfect for a delicious and easy side dish or appetizer.
All you need are a few simple ingredients, including eggplant, parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, garlic powder, and olive oil.
If you’re looking for more air fryer recipes, check out Jenn’s delicious Air Fryer Sweet Potato Cubes!
Vegan: You can make this recipe vegan by using a chia egg mixture and vegan parmesan cheese.
Low-Carb: For the breading, use gluten-free panko crumbs or coconut flour for a low-carb option.
Spicy: To change things up and add some heat, you can sprinkle pepper flakes into the breadcrumb combination before coating the slices.
If you don’t have an air fryer, you can also make this dish in the oven by preheating it to 200°C / 400°F and baking it for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Frying vs Baking
If you’re not sure whether to air fry or bake your eggplant Parmesan slices, here are some pros and cons of each:
Frying: Takes less time than baking; produces a crispy crust
Baking: Produces a softer texture and can easily be reheated.
Which do you prefer? Let us know in the comments below!
How to store your breaded Eggplant slices
You can store your leftover air fryer eggplant slices in the refrigerator for up to three days. To reheat, place them on a baking sheet and bake at 200°C / 400°F for about 5 minutes or until heated through.
If you want to keep it warm inside the oven for longer, then turn off but leave the slices in the oven so they stay warm and crispy.
If you’re looking for a snack that’s high in fiber with low calories, then these air fryer eggplant slices are perfect for you.
What to serve with fried eggplant slices
Looking for something to serve with your fried eggplant slices? Here are a few ideas:
– Marinara sauce or pesto for dipping
– Grilled vegetables like zucchini, squash, and peppers
– Roasted potatoes or sweet potatoes
– A simple green salad dressed in olive oil and vinegar dressing
Should the eggplants be peeled?
No, you don’t need to peel the eggplant. However, if the skin is tough or bitter then you can remove it before slicing.
What cheese should I use?
You can use any type of shredded cheese that you like.
Do I need to use an air fryer?
No, you can also make this dish in the oven by preheating to 200°C / 400°F and baking it for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Just be sure to flip the slices halfway through so they cook evenly.
How do you cut the eggplant?
Start by slicing off both ends of the eggplant. Then, cut into rounds about ¼-inch thick (think coins). You can use a sharp knife or mandoline slicer for this step.
Is the eggplant parm recipe keto-friendly?
Yes, this recipe is low-carb and keto-friendly. To make it even more low carb, you can use coconut flour instead of breadcrumbs in the coating mixture.
Is air fryer eggplant healthy?
Yes, air fried eggplant is a great way to get your daily dose of nutrients without added fat or calories. It’s also low carb and keto-friendly!
Can I make an air fryer eggplant parm without bread crumbs?
Yes, you can substitute the bread crumbs with almond flour, gluten-free panko crumbs, or ground flaxseed.
What is harissa paste?
Harissa paste is a North African chili pepper sauce that’s made with roasted red peppers, spices, and herbs. It has a spicy and earthy flavor that goes well with any dish.
How many minutes should I leave them in the air fryer?
It takes about 15 minutes to cook eggplant slices in the air fryer at 200°C / 400°F. Just be sure to flip them halfway through so they cook evenly on both sides! You can also bake the slices if you don’t have an air fryer.
How do I reheat my air-fried eggplant slices?
To reheat your leftover crispy eggplant, place them on a baking sheet and bake at 200°C / 400°F for about five minutes or until heated through. If you want to keep it warm inside the oven for longer, then turn off but leave the slices in the oven so they stay warm and crispy.
How many calories do air-fried eggplants have?
One cup of air-fried eggplant slices has about 100 calories. You can also use a low-fat cheddar or parmesan cheese to reduce the calorie count even more!
More Delicious Snack Recipes:
AIR-FRIED EGGPLANT SLICES
- 2 Medium eggplant quartered and cut crosswise into ½-inch-thick slices
- 1 egg
- 1 Cup bread crumbs
- ½ Cup parmesan cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cloves Garlic grated
- ½ teaspoon Chili flakes
- ½ Cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons Harissa paste
- Cooking spray
- First, cut the eggplant into 1/4-inch-thick round slices. Sprinkle some salt on both sides of the slices and let them rest on a colander for 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg and set it aside. In another bowl, combine bread crumbs and parmesan cheese. Add salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Dip each slice of eggplant in the egg mixture first then dredge it through the breadcrumb combination.
- Place all the coated eggplant slices in a single layer on the air fryer basket. Coat these with cooking spray and cook at 200°C / 400°F for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Turn them after half of the time. Voilà!
- Prepare the yogurt dip by whisking together the yogurt, harissa paste, and garlic in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve as a dip for the air fryer eggplant Parmesan slices. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply