Agua De Pepino Y Limon, also called Cucumber Agua Fresca, is a delicious summer drink made with fresh cucumbers, lime juice, and sugar. That’s it! It’s incredibly easy to make, and you can adjust the sweetness to your liking. I like to serve Agua De Pepino Y Limon over ice, with a slice of lime for garnish.
What Is Agua Fresca?
Agua fresca means freshwater. However, this Mexican drink is so much more than a glass of fresh water. Agua fresca is a light, refreshing drink that is perfect for a hot day. It can be made with any type of fruit, and there are endless variations.
Traditionally, it is made with cucumbers which are blended with water and sweetened with sugar or honey.
Cucumber: Cucumbers are a great source of hydration and are perfect for making agua fresca. They are low in calories and contain important vitamins and minerals like Vitamin C, potassium, and magnesium.
Sugar: Sugar is used to sweeten the drink. You can use any type of sugar or sugar-free sweetener.
Lime Juice: Lime juice adds a tart and tangy flavor to the drink.
Mint: Mint freshens up the drink and adds a nice flavor.
Water: Water is used to dilute the cucumber mixture.
Is Homemade Agua De Pepino Y Limon Healthy?
Agua De Pepino Y Limon is very easy to make. Best of all, it is healthier than many store-bought beverages.
This recipe contains only natural ingredients, and it is lower in sugar than most drinks you get at the grocery store.
Can I Make Agua De Pepino Y Limon Ahead Of Time?
Of course, you can make Agua De Pepino Y Limon ahead of time. In fact, it tastes best when it’s chilled.
If you are going to make Agua De Pepino Y Limon ahead of time, do not add ice to the drink. The ice will water down the wonderful flavor of the drink.
If you don’t have time to chill it, you can serve Agua De Pepino Y Limon with ice.
How To Store Agua De Pepino Y Limon
To store Agua De Pepino Y Limon, place it into an airtight container. You can also place it into a pitcher and cover it with plastic wrap.
Remember, do not add ice to the Agua De Pepino Y Limon before drinking it. You can easily pour the Agua De Pepino Y Limon into a glass of ice. Agua De Pepino Y Limon will last for 3-5 days stored in the refrigerator.
Can I Make Agua De Pepino Y Limon Sugar-Free
Yes, you can make Agua De Pepino Y Limon without sugar. You can use any sugar-free sweetener you like to sweeten Agua De Pepino Y Limon.
Liquid sugar-free sweeteners such as agave nectar, maple syrup, or honey will be easier to dissolve in the Agua De Pepino Y Limon. However, you can also use powdered sweeteners such as stevia, monk fruit, or swerve to sweeten your Agua De Pepino Y Limon.
Tips For Making Agua De Pepino Y Limon
- Do not remove the cucumber seeds from the cucumbers. They contain lots of minerals and fibers. The cucumber seeds will make the Agua De Pepino Y Limon that much healthier.
- In addition to this, do not peel the cucumber. The skin contains more nutrients than the flesh. It will also give the Agua De Pepino Y Limon a beautiful green color.
- Make the Agua De Pepino Y Limon with room temperature water. It is much easier to dissolve sugar in room temperature water than cold water.
- If you want to jazz up your drink, you can add a shot of your favorite alcohol. It will turn this Agua De Pepino Y Limon into a refreshing adult drink.
More Delicious Drinks
Agua De Pepino Y Limon
- 2 medium cucumber, diced into large chunks
- 2 Tbsp sugar or sugar-free sweetener
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp freshed chopped mint
- 7 cups water
- Cut the cucumber into chunks.
- Place the cucumber, sugar, lime juice, mint, and 4 cups of water into a blender.
- Blend the cucumber mixture for 30-45 seconds until it is smooth.
- Place a strainer over a pitcher and pour the cucumber mixture.
- Stir the remaining 3 cups of water to the cucumber mixture.
- Pour the Agua De Pepino Y Limon into a glass with ice before serving.