This strawberry agua fresca recipe truly captures the essence of natural, fruity goodness in a simple yet refreshing way.
All you need are strawberries, sweeteners, milk, and vanilla – it’s that easy! Plus, this drink takes less than 10 minutes to whip up!
Strawberry agua fresca is PERFECT for a warm day and fits any occasion. It’s an easy drink to make, especially if you love strawberries and have a ton of other food to prepare for your gathering.
What Is Strawberry Agua Fresca?
Agua Fresca, a beloved Mexican beverage, is a simple yet refreshing concoction that encapsulates the essence of natural, fruity goodness.
A basic Agua Fresca recipe consists of fresh fruit (in today’s case, fresh strawberries), fresh water, and a touch of sweetness (usually agave nectar or granulated sugar).
There are MANY variations for agua fresca, mostly the type of fruit that you choose to use. Strawberry agua fresca is arguably one of the most popular fruit flavors, but many people also opt for watermelons, pineapples, and peaches.
For those craving a little extra zing, a squeeze of fresh lime juice can be added, infusing the beverage with a lively burst of citrus flavor.
Ingredients You Need To Make This Mexican Strawberry Agua Fresca Recipe
- Strawberries: Strawberries are the stars of this drink and add a fruity sweet flavor to the Agua de Fresa Con Leche.
- Cold Water: I used cold water to help chill the drink and make it more refreshing. You can also use only ice cubes if you want a thicker consistency.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk: Sweetened condensed milk is what takes this Agua de Fresa Con Leche from good to great.
- Milk: I used milk to give the Agua de Fresa Con Leche a creamy texture
- Evaporated Milk And Whole Milk: I used two types of milk to create an extra creamy taste and texture.
- Vanilla Extract: Vanilla extract is totally optional, but I added it just for a little extra flavor.
How To Make This Easy Mexican Strawberry Agua Fresca
Mix together the whole milk, sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, and vanilla extract in a big jug or in a blender, and mix well together
Pour into a blender the strawberries, cold water, and blend on high until it’s well combined and the strawberry mixture is smooth.
Then add everything to a large jug taste and add more sweetened condensed milk if you want it sweeter.
Strawberry Agua Fresca: Expert Tips And Tricks
- Garnish: You can garnish your strawberry agua fresca with fresh sliced strawberries and mint leaves.
- For leftovers: Store them in the fridge for a day. This drink is best served immediately, so don’t keep it stored for too long.
- Chill Before Serving: Allow your Strawberry Agua Fresca to chill in the fridge for at least an hour before serving. This helps the flavors meld together and makes the drink more refreshing.
- Fine-Strain for Smoothness: For a truly smooth agua fresca, strain the mixture through a fine mesh to remove all the strawberry seeds and pulp, ensuring a clearer, more refined drink.
Can I Use Frozen Strawberries To Make Agua de Fresa Con Leche?
Of course, you can use frozen strawberries. It doesn’t matter if you use fresh or frozen strawberries. You will still end up with a delicious Agua de Fresa Con Leche. Simply let your frozen strawberries thaw a little before blending them with the remaining drink ingredients.
Can I Make Agua de Fresa Sugar-Free?
Of course, you can make Agua de Fresa Con Leche sugar-free. It will make this drink even healthier. You can swap the condensed milk out for stevia, monk fruit, maple syrup, coconut sugar, honey, or agave nectar. Also, check out my Sugar-Free Pineapple Cucumber Juice.
Is Agua de Fresa Alcoholic?
Typically, Agua de Fresa is not an alcoholic beverage. However, you can add alcohol if you desire. Rum, tequila, and vodka work well with this Agua de Fresa Con Leche recipe.
How To Store Agua de Fresa Con Leche
You can easily store Agua de Fresa Con Leche in the fridge. Simply place the Agua de Fresa Con Leche into an airtight container or pitcher.
If you are storing it in a pitcher, cover it with plastic wrap. In addition to this, do not add any ice to the Agua de Fresa when storing it in the fridge.
The ice will water it down. Instead, pour the Agua de Fresa Con Leche over a glass of ice when you are ready to serve it.
More Sumer Drinks You Will Love
Strawberry Agua Fresca – A Creamy and Refreshing Drink
- 2 ½ cups strawberries, stems removed
- 1½ cups cold water
- ½ cup Condensed milk
- ½ cup evaporated milk
- 1½ cup whole milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Ice for serving
- Add 1 ¾ cups of strawberries to a blender along with the water. Blend until the strawberry mixture is smooth, then strain it in a fine-mesh strainer.
- Next, add ¼ cup of the sweetened condensed milk, milk, evaporated milk, whole milk, and vanilla extract and mix in a jug or blend until smooth. Add the remaining ¼ cup of sweetened condensed milk if necessary.
- Place the ice and remaining strawberries into a pitcher and add the milk mixture and the strawberry mixture and mix it well together.
- Serve the Strawberry Agua Fresca immediately.