Agua de Fresa Con Leche is the best quick and easy drink to make. In fact, Agua de Fresa Con Leche is so popular you can find it at most Mexican restaurants. This Mexican classic is simple and refreshing, but before we get to the recipe, let’s find out what Agua de Fresa is.
What Is Agua de Fresa Con Leche?
Agua de Fresa translates to strawberry water. However, Agua de Fresa Con Leche is so much more than strawberry water. The sweetened condensed milk and whole milk turn it into a glass of deliciousness.
Although this Agua de Fresa Con Leche recipe is already amazing, you can customize it until it fits your liking. After all, it simply involves you placing ingredients into a blender and blending them into a drink.
Strawberries: Strawberries are the stars of this drink and add a fruity sweet flavor to the Agua de Fresa Con Leche.
Cold Water: I used cold water to help chill the drink and make it more refreshing. You can also use only ice cubes if you want a thicker consistency.
Sweetened Condensed Milk: Sweetened condensed milk is what takes this Agua de Fresa Con Leche from good to great. It’s creamy, sweet, and pairs perfectly with strawberries.
Milk: I used milk to give the Agua de Fresa Con Leche a creamy texture
Evaporated Milk And Whole Milk: I used two types of milk to create an extra creamy taste and texture.
Vanilla Extract: Vanilla extract is totally optional, but I added it just for a little extra flavor.
How to make Agua de Fresa
Mix together the whole milk, sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, and vanilla extract in a big jug or in a blender, and mix well together
Pour into a blender the strawberries, cold water, and blend on high until it’s well combined and the strawberry mixture is smooth.
Then add everything to a large jug taste and add more sweetened condensed milk if you want it sweeter.
Tips For Making Agua de Fresa Con Leche
- When blending the strawberries, add enough water to make the blender’s job easier. The water will help the strawberries break down faster.
- If you don’t like strawberry seeds in your drink, strain the strawberry mixture in a fine-mesh sieve to remove the seeds. This will give you a smoother Agua de Fresa Con Leche.
- It’s very easy to over-sweeten the Agua de Fresa Con Leche. Therefore, it is best to start with a small amount of sweetened condensed milk until it reaches your desired sweetness. Depending on how ripe the strawberries are, you may need to add the entire can of sweetened condensed milk. You can taste one of the strawberries to determine how much sugar you need to add to the Agua de Fresa Con Leche.
- If the Agua de Fresa Con Leche is too thick, add a little more water to thin it out. You can also make the Agua de Fresa Con Leche by replacing 1 cup of milk with evaporated milk.
- If you are using a smaller blender, blend the Agua de Fresa Con Leche in batches. In the end, you can pour everything into a large pitcher and stir.
Can I Use Frozen Strawberries To Make Agua de Fresa Con Leche
Of course, you can use frozen strawberries. It doesn’t matter if you use fresh or frozen strawberries, you will still end up with a delicious Agua de Fresa Con Leche. Simply let your frozen strawberries thaw a little before blending them with the remaining drink ingredients.
Is Agua de Fresa Good For You
Whether Agua de Fresa is healthy or not depends on what ingredients are used. For example, if your Agua de Fresa contains a lot of sugar, it will not be as healthy.
However, if you make your Agua de Fresa with little to no sugar and with more fruit, it will be healthier.
Can I Make Agua de Fresa Con Leche Sugar-Free?
Of course, you can make Agua de Fresa Con Leche sugar-free. It will make this drink even healthier. You can swap the condensed milk out for stevia, monk fruit, maple syrup, coconut sugar, honey, or agave nectar.
Is Agua de Fresa Alcoholic?
Typically, Agua de Fresa is not an alcoholic beverage. However, you can add alcohol if you desire. Rum, tequila, and vodka work well with this Agua de Fresa Con Leche recipe.
How To Store Agua de Fresa Con Leche
You can easily store Agua de Fresa Con Leche in the fridge. Simply place the Agua de Fresa Con Leche into an airtight container or pitcher.
If you are storing it in a pitcher, cover it with plastic wrap. In addition to this, do not add any ice to the Agua de Fresa when storing it in the fridge.
The ice will water it down. Instead, pour the Agua de Fresa Con Leche over a glass of ice when you are ready to serve it.
More Sumer Drinks You Will Love
Agua De Fresa Con Leche
- 2 ½ cups strawberries, stems removed
- 1½ cups cold water
- ½ cup Condensed milk
- ½ cup evaporated milk
- 1½ cup whole milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Ice for serving
- Add 1 ¾ cups of strawberries to a blender along with the water. Blend until the strawberry mixture is smooth, then strain it in a fine-mesh strainer.
- Next, add ¼ cup of the sweetened condensed milk, milk, evaporated milk, whole milk, and vanilla extract and mix in a jug or blend until smooth. Add the remaining ¼ cup of sweetened condensed milk if necessary.
- Place the ice and remaining strawberries into a pitcher and add the milk mixture and the strawberry mixture and mix it well together.
- Serve the Agua de Fresca Con Leche immediately.