Looking for a delicious and nutritious drink for your next party? Check out this Fruit Punch Homemade recipe served in a watermelon bowl! This recipe is absolutely unique because it is served in a hollowed-out watermelon. The tropical fruit pieces in combination with the juice will brighten your day and make you feel rejuvenated.
Watermelon: This fruit provides the water you need to make your punch and also gives it a fruity flavor.
Melon (Piel de Sapo): This type of melon is used in a lot of Latino drinks and gives your punch a sweet flavor.
Blueberries: These little guys are delicious and add a wonderful color to the punch.
Raspberry: Use fresh raspberries to add a sweet and tart taste.
Kiwis: Kiwis have a vibrant green color, which makes them stand out in any dish.
Papaya: Papaya is a sweet and tangy fruit that gives your punch a slight tart flavor.
Orange Juice: You’ll need this to give your punch the orange flavor it needs.
Pineapple Juice: This is another ingredient you’ll need to give your punch a tropical taste.
Lemon: A little bit of lemon goes a long way in adding some zing to your punch.
Peppermint: This herb is refreshing and palate-cleansing, perfect for a summer drink. Peppermint leaves are used in many drinks because they have a cooling effect on the body and make your breath smell good!
Dry Marigold Blossoms: These flowers add a touch of elegance to your punch bowl.
Pomegranate: Pomegranate is a delicious addition to your punch, and provides it with a vibrant red color.
How to Make Fruit Punch
- First of all, cut the watermelon in half and then use a spoon to carve out the fruit. Save all of the fruit that you scoop out and put it in a bowl.
- Next, cut up all of your other fruits into small pieces and add them to the bowl with the watermelon.
- Pour in the orange juice, pineapple juice, lemon juice, and vodka (if using).
- Mix everything together and then put it in the fridge to cool.
- Once it’s cold, pour your punch into the watermelon bowl and garnish with mint leaves, dry marigold blossoms, and pomegranate seeds. Enjoy!
If you want to change up the flavors of your punch, here are a few ideas:
- Add some mango for a tropical flavor
- Use pineapple juice and cranberry juice for a Thanksgiving-inspired drink
- Mix in some Sprite or ginger ale for a bubbly beverage
While this is a non-alcoholic recipe, you can add some vodka to the mixture for a fun adult-friendly drink.
Tips & Tricks
- Chop up your fruits ahead of time to save yourself some time. Fruit can be chopped a day or two before and stored in the fridge until you’re ready to use it.
- Use a melon baller to scoop out pieces of fruit from the watermelon bowl. This will ensure that all pieces are uniform size, which makes for a prettier presentation.
- If you’re serving a large crowd, you can double or triple the recipe to make sure there’s enough punch for everyone!
- Mix your punch just before the guests arrive to keep it cold and refreshing.
- If you’re having a party in the winter, you can also make Fruit Punch with heated apple cider or cranberry juice instead of pineapple juice.
How to store your Fruit Punch
It is best served immediately but can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two days.
What is the main flavor in Fruit Punch?
Depending on the ingredients you use, it can have a variety of flavors. Common flavors include orange, lemon, and pineapple.
Can I make Fruit Punch ahead of time?
Yes! You can chop up your fruit ahead of time and store it in the fridge until you’re ready to use it.
Can you put it in the freezer?
You can freeze your punch, but it will lose some of its flavor and texture. It’s best to drink Fruit Punch fresh or refrigerate it until you’re ready to serve it.
How to make a watermelon bowl
Of course, you don’t have to serve your fruit punch in a watermelon. But if you want to make a watermelon punch, just hollow out a larger watermelon and fill it with your tropical mixture. You can also add some ice to keep it cold.
Can you add Ginger Ale to the Fruit Punch?
Yes, you can add Ginger Ale to the recipe for a bubbly beverage. You can also use Sprite or any other carbonated drink of your choice.
What is the difference between Fruit Punch and Sangria?
Sangria typically contains red wine while Fruit Punch does not. Sangria also usually has a stronger flavor and includes spices like cinnamon, cloves, or nutmeg. Fruit Punch is usually made with a mix of juice and fruit pieces.
Can I serve it with alcohol?
Yes, Vodka is a popular choice, but you could also use rum, gin, or Tequila.
There you go!
Making Fruit Punch is easy and you can find all the ingredients at your local grocery store. It makes a great addition to any summer party or barbecue, especially when you serve it in a watermelon! Your watermelon punch bowl will definitely impress your guests and have them coming back for more!
Fruit Punch Homemade (Watermelon Bowl)
- 1 Melon Piel de Sapo
- 1 Watermelon
- ½ cup Raspberries
- ½ Lemon
- 1 cup Pomegranate
- 4 cups Orange Juice
- 1 Orange sliced
- 1 cup Blueberries
- 3 Kiwis
- ½ Papaya
- Dry Marigold Blossoms
- 2 cups Pineapple Juice
- First of all, slice the orange into pieces.
- Next, cut the blueberries into small pieces.
- Peel the kiwi and cut them into small rings.
- Cut the papaya and melon into pieces.
- Once you have cut all the fruits, take the watermelon and cut it in two halves.
- Scoop out small round pieces of the watermelon. Keep them aside in a cup.
- Take everything out of the 2 watermelon halves to convert them into bowls.
- Add orange and pineapple juice, sliced Orange, lemon, kiwi, blueberries, papaya, raspberry.
- Next, add the small round pieces of the watermelon to the bowls.
- Sprinkle a handful of pomegranates to the watermelon bowls.
- Whisk everything together and add ice.
- Decorate with peppermint and dry marigold blossoms.
- Serve cold and enjoy!