I’m so excited to share this Air Fried Shrimp Spring Rolls recipe with you today! It’s one of my favorite recipes to make because it’s healthy, easy, and SO delicious. Plus, the shrimp is air-fried, which means it’s a little healthier than normal frying. You’re going to love these spring rolls; they’re perfect for a healthy appetizer or snack!
Garlic: Some minced Garlic will be needed to marinate the shrimp, about 4 cloves worth. Garlic adds that little extra flavor to the shrimps.
Cabbage: I used about two cups of finely chopped cabbage. If you like cabbage, add more of it! It adds excellent flavor and cuts the richness of the shrimp.
Carrots: Chopped Carrots add significant color and flavor to the shrimp spring rolls, about 1 cup worth. You can’t taste them, but they add a little extra oomph to the spring rolls!
Shrimps: The star of the show is the shrimp! I used 24 large shrimps, peeled, and deveined. This is enough for 24 spring rolls.
Soy Sauce: I used about 4 teaspoons of soy sauce for the shrimp marinade. If you like your spring rolls a little saltier, use more soy sauce.
Salt: You need to add a little bit to the shrimp marinade. If you don’t want your spring rolls to be salty, you can omit this.
Pepper: Ground black pepper adds a little extra flavor to the shrimp.
Spring Roll Wrappers: These are made of white flour, used to make the spring rolls. I like to use the square ones because they’re big and hold a lot of filling! You can get these at any Asian market or grocery store.
Cooking Spray: You need it to ensure the spring rolls don’t stick to the rack and break apart.
Air Frying vs. Deep Frying
I often get asked whether it is better to air fry or deep fry the Spring Rolls. Shallow frying them in oil is the traditional method I used before my Air Fryer days. Shallow frying gives you that nice golden fry look, but it also makes the spring rolls extra greasy and unhealthy!
I prefer using my Air Fryer because it uses less oil than deep frying and doesn’t make the Spring Rolls greasy or unhealthy. When you air fry the shrimps, they already have a nice light flavor on their own, so they don’t need much oil at all – just enough to coat the Shrimp Spring Rolls!
How long do you Air Fry the Spring Rolls?
The Shrimp Spring Rolls only take about 10 minutes to get a golden brown exterior. If you like them a little darker and extra crispy, leave them in the Air Fryer basket for a couple more minutes! Just keep an eye on them so that they don’t burn.
How do you store them?
The Spring Rolls will only last 2-3 days in the refrigerator. If you have a large family, you can double the Shrimp Spring Rolls recipe and freeze any leftovers, so they don’t go to waste!
What is the best Dipping Sauce for Shrimp Spring Rolls?
The Shrimp Spring Rolls are great on their own, but if you want to spice things up a bit, try serving them with some Sweet and Sour Sauce! You can also use Sweet Chili Sauce if you like it spicy.
If you’re looking for something a little lighter, Shrimp Spring Rolls go great with some soy sauce! Simply dip your Shrimp Spring Roll in soy sauce before enjoying!
AIR-FRIED SHRIMP SPRING Rolls
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 2 cups Cabbage finely sliced
- 1 cup Carrots matchstick cut
- 2 cans Shrimp drained
- 4 teaspoons Soy sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 16 Spring roll wrappers
- Cooking spray
- Spray the air fryer basket lightly with cooking spray. Spray a medium sauté pan with cooking spray.
- Add the garlic to the sauté pan and cook over medium heat until fragrant, 30 to 45 seconds. Add the cabbage and carrots and sauté until the vegetables are slightly tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and soy sauce, season with salt and pepper, and then stir to combine. Sauté until the moisture has evaporated, 2 more minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Place a spring roll wrapper on a work surface, so it looks like a diamond. Place 1 tablespoon of the shrimp mixture on the lower end of the wrapper.
- Roll the wrapper away from you halfway, then fold in the right and left sides. Continue to roll to the very end, using a little water to seal the edge. Repeat with the remaining wrappers and filling
- Place the spring rolls in the air fryer basket in a single layer, leaving room between each roll. You may need to cook them in batches. Lightly spray with cooking spray.