This delicious cabbage recipe is another vegetarian dish that is quick and simple to prepare and fits every schedule. The dish originates from Kenya and people usually serve it with ugali and grilled meat or fish. It is a light and healthy side dish and only takes a few minutes.
If you have seen some of my other Kenyan recipes, most Kenyan dishes are suitable for vegetarians. I hope you enjoy this original taste of Kenyan food.
- 1 Green cabbage chopped
- ½ Onion chopped
- 2 Tomatoes chopped
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
- First, wash the cabbage well and cut it into your desired size.
- Then, heat the oil in a large pot and add the onions and fry until softened.
- Add the cabbage and stir it on low heat. It should cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Then, add tomatoes, salt, and pepper and stir conterminously until the tomatoes are softened.
- Remove it from the stove once the cabbage starts turning crispy.
- Serve it with ugali, meat, or fish.