Are you looking for ways to keep the kids busy during this upcoming festive season, well I have the perfect recipe for you!
These Gingerbread Men Oreo Pops are incredibly easy to make and have a ton of decorating options that will keep the kids busy for hours.
You can use any kind of Oreo that you’d like and store these sweet treats at room temperature for more than a week!
Give it a go with a steaming mug of aromatic Bay Leaf Tea.
What You Need To Make These Gingerbread Man Oreo Pops
To make this delightful and fun festive treat, you’ll require just a few east-to-find baking ingredients.
- Oreo Cookies: Grab both regular and mini sizes. Use regular for the body and head, minis for limbs. Feel free to mix flavors like peanut butter and chocolate.
- Candy Melts: Choose light brown for that classic gingerbread look. You can opt for chocolate-flavored melts too.
- Decorating Icing: Get black, red, green, and white for the eyes, mouth, buttons, and details. Pre-made or homemade royal icing works great.
How To Make Gingerbread Man Oreo Pops – Step By Step Guide
These gingerbread man Oreo pops look a lot more difficult to make than they actually are. I’ll walk you through the step-by-step guide so you can bang these out in under an hour.
Step 1: Forming the Body
- Place two big Oreos with cream on a baking sheet for the head and body. Set aside the plain halves.
- Secure a popsicle stick between them with melted candy melts. Seal with more candy and let it set.
Step 2: Attaching Arms and Legs
- Remove the cream from 2 mini Oreos and halve them.
- Dip the halves in candy melts for the limbs and attach two at the top and two at the bottom of the body Oreo.
Step 3: Coating
- Dip the assembled pops into melted candy, tapping off the excess for a smooth finish. If you want to know how to melt white chocolate chips, follow this guide.
- Lay them on a silicone mat to set for 45 minutes.
Keep the process tidy and efficient for delightful Gingerbread Oreo treats!
Step 4: Festive Decoration
- Transfer each icing color into individual piping bags with small tips for detailed work.
- Begin with red and green icing to add bow ties and buttons.
- Apply white icing for traditional squiggles on the head, arms, and legs.
- Finish with black icing to craft the eyes and mouth.
Decorate with precision to bring your Gingerbread Oreo Pops to life!
How To Store Your Gingerbread Men Oreo Pops
Storing Oreo pops is straightforward: Keep them at room temperature in an airtight container, away from heat and light.
For longer storage beyond two days, wrap the container in plastic wrap for extra freshness.
Tips And Tricks For Making Oreo Cookies Pops
- Create a production line for the steps. Making one gingerbread man at a time is going to take forever. Instead, assemble the men, then add all of the popsicle’s arms, then coat them all at the same time, etc.
- Get the kids involved and create different kinds of gingerbread men. You can use other garnishes like crushed candy cane, sprinkles, gum-drop buttons, and chocolate chips.
- This is a completely optional step: remove the white Oreo filling from the big cookies and incorporate some gingerbread spices into the mixture. Add it back onto the cookies, leave the Oreo filling to set, and then start assembling the gingerbread men’s bodies.
Gingerbread Man Oreo Pops Recipe
- 24 Rgular-sized Oreo cookies
- 48 Mini Oreo cookies
- 12 Popsicle sticks
- 5 cups of light brown candy melts
- Black decorating icing
- Red decorating icing
- White decorating icing
- Green decorating icing
- Begin by carefully twisting the full-sized Oreo cookies to separate the halves. Discard the cream from one half, leaving you with one plain cookie and one with filling for each set.
- On a silicone mat-lined baking tray, align one plain Oreo half and one with the cream filling facing up.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the light brown candy melts according to the package's instructions, stirring until the mixture is smooth and evenly melted.
- Spoon a small amount of the melted candy onto the cream-filled Oreo half. Press a popsicle stick into the center of the cream, allowing the melted candy to secure it in place.
- Apply another small spoonful of melted candy on top of the stick and gently press the plain Oreo half on top, creating a sandwich with the stick in the middle.
- Separate the mini Oreo cookies and remove their fillings. Dip one edge of each mini Oreo half into the melted candy, then attach them to the sides of the sandwiched Oreo to form the gingerbread man's arms. Repeat with additional mini halves to create the legs.
- Once assembled, dip the entire Oreo pop into the bowl of melted candy, ensuring a full, even coat.
- Gently tap off any excess candy on the side of the bowl and hold the pop above the bowl for a few seconds to allow excess to drip off.
- Place the coated Oreo pop back onto the lined baking sheet.
- Repeat the dipping and tapping process with all the Oreo pops and allow them to set and dry completely, approximately 45 minutes.
- Once set, use the colored icings to decorate your Oreo gingerbread men. Utilize the red and green icing for details like buttons and bow ties, and the white icing to outline the head, arms, and legs.
- Finish by applying the black icing to add eyes and a mouth to each character.
- Allow the icing to dry before serving or packaging.