Today, I will show you my favorite Crispy Chicken Salad Recipe. I love fried chicken because it’s so versatile – you can bake it, fry it, or even just roast it. And when it’s coated in a crispy seasoned crumb and fried until golden brown in delicious butter? Well, that’s just about the best thing ever.
If you’re looking for a really easy chicken recipe that is sure to please, then this crispy chicken salad is definitely for you. The best part about it is that you can make it ahead of time and just reheat it when you’re ready to eat. I usually like to make a big batch on the weekends and then just reheat it throughout the week for quick and easy lunches or dinners.
Chicken: Make sure you choose chicken fillets that are of even thickness. If you cannot find chicken cutlets or fillets, use a regular chicken breast.
Lettuce: I like to use iceberg lettuce because it has a nice crunch, but you can use whatever type of lettuce you like. You can also use romaine lettuce of course.
Spinach: Fresh spinach is always best, but you could also use frozen spinach that has been thawed and drained.
Tomatoes: I like to use cherry tomatoes because they are small and sweet, but you could also use diced tomatoes.
Cucumber: I like to use a cucumber that has been peeled and seeded, but you could also use an English cucumber.
Bell Pepper: I like to use red bell pepper because it is sweet and crunchy, but you can use any color of bell pepper that you like.
Dressing: I like to use a vinaigrette dressing, but you could also use ranch or Italian dressing. I personally like to mix some dijon mustard into my vinaigrette to give it a little bit of a kick.
How to make Crispy Chicken Salad
First, you will need to bread the chicken breasts. In a shallow bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Use a separate bowl to combine eggs and milk. And in a third shallow bowl, mix together the bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese.
Dredge the chicken strips in the flour mixture, then dip it in the egg mixture, and then coat it in the bread crumb mixture.
When the butter is melted, add the chicken cutlets to the skillet over medium heat and fry each side for a few minutes.
If you like it extra crispy, leave it in the pan and fry for a minute or two longer.
Remove the chicken from the skillet and let it cool for a few minutes before slicing it into thin strips.
While the chicken is cooling, prepare the salad by adding the lettuce, spinach, tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, and dressing to a large bowl and tossing to combine.
To assemble the salad, start by adding the lettuce to a large bowl. Top with spinach, tomatoes, cucumber, and bell pepper. Drizzle with your desired dressing and mix it well. Then add the chicken and serve!
Mango: Add some diced mango for a tropical twist.
Avocado: Use a fresh avocado for a creamy and delicious topping.
Feta: I like to use crumbled feta cheese to give it a salty and tangy note.
Seeds: Use sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds for a healthy and tasty touch.
Croutons: Add some homemade or store-bought croutons for a crunchy topping.
Red Onion: I usually use red onion, but you could also use green onions.
Lemon Juice: Provide your salad with some extra vitamin C by adding a squeeze of lemon juice.
The sky is the limit when it comes to toppings for your Crispy Chicken Salad, so feel free to get creative and add in whatever sounds good to you.
Vinaigrette: Simply mix together equal parts olive oil and vinegar, and add in some salt, pepper, and mustard to taste.
Ranch: Use store-bought ranch dressing or make your own by mixing together mayonnaise, sour cream, milk, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt.
Italian: For a traditional Italian dressing mix together olive oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper.
Honey Mustard: Mix together dijon mustard, honey, and vinegar. This dressing is perfect if you’re looking for something sweet and tangy. Add some vegetable oil to thin it out if you like.
Balsamic: Use store-bought balsamic dressing or make your own by mixing together balsamic vinegar, olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper.
Caesar: Just mix together mayonnaise, sour cream, Parmesan cheese, garlic, anchovy paste, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and pepper.
Blue Cheese: You can buy blue cheese dressing or make your own by mixing together mayonnaise, sour cream, crumbled blue cheese, milk, vinegar, and salt.
Can I use an Air Fryer for the Crispy Chicken?
Yes! If you have an air fryer, you can use it to bread and fry the chicken. Simply follow the recipe instructions and cook the chicken in the air fryer at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for about 12 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
Tips & Tricks
- Use a meat mallet to pound the chicken into even cutlets.
- If you don’t have a meat mallet, you can use a rolling pin or even a heavy skillet.
- Instead of bread crumbs, you can also use crushed-up cereal or crackers to bread the chicken pieces.
- Let the crispy chicken cool for a few minutes before slicing it into thin strips. This will help to prevent the chicken from shredding.
- If you want extra crispy chicken, leave it in the pan for a minute or two longer. Just make sure to watch it closely so that it doesn’t overcook.
- Assemble the salad right before you’re ready to eat it. This will help to prevent the lettuce from wilting.
- For the cherry tomatoes, you can either use fresh or canned. If you’re using canned, make sure to drain them well before adding them to the salad.
- If you’re not a fan of salad, you can also use the crispy chicken to make a sandwich or wrap. Just add your favorite toppings and enjoy!
How to store the Crispy Chicken Salad
The Crispy Chicken Salad will last in the fridge for up to four days. I like to store it in a covered container so that the salad doesn’t dry out. When you’re ready to eat, simply mix everything together and enjoy!
I hope you liked my Crispy Chicken Salad Recipe!
Don’t forget to Pin this recipe for later and follow me on Pinterest for more great recipes!
More tasty salads:
Crispy Chicken Salad
- 2 chicken breast fillets
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 lime
- 1/2 iceberg lettuce
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 handful cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 bell pepper
- Place the chicken breast fillets onto a plate and seasonthem with salt and pepper.
- Place the breadcrumbs onto a plate and spread them into a even layer, add the parsley and stir to combine.
- Whisk the eggs in a shallow baking dish until combined.
- Dredge the chicken breast fillets into all-purpose flour, then dredge it in the eggs.
- Dredge the chicken breast fillets in the parsley breadcrumb mixture until the chicken is coated and place them onto a plate.
- Place the butter into a cast-iron skillet and set it over medium-high heat.
- Once the butter melts, add the chicken for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
- Cut the chicken into slices, add it to a plate with meted salad, and squeeze the lemon juice over it.
- Serveand enjoy!