Introducing this air fryer churros recipe, a top pick among easy air fryer desserts. Lighter than the deep-fried version, these churros maintain the same crispy, fluffy deliciousness of the Crispy And Fluffy Disneyland Churro recipe.
Those churros are perfect for any events and parties, such as Cinco de Mayo, or even Christmas. And if you’re a churro lover like me, they’re a sweet treat for any day – no special occasion needed!
Check out my Air Fryer Homer Simpson Donut for more sweet air fryer recipes.
Ingredients you need
Water: The primary liquid base.
Sugar: Adds delightful sweetness.
Salt: Balances flavors for depth.
Butter: Ensures a tender crumb.
Flour: Provides structure and texture.
Eggs: Add moisture, richness, and binding power.
For the chocolate sauce: You need water, chocolate, a touch of cornstarch, and a sprinkle of sugar.
How To Make The Best Air Fryer Churros
1. Mix water, sugar, salt, and butter in a saucepan. Bring to a boil.
2. Gradually mix in flour until a smooth dough forms. Remove from heat. Blend in eggs, one at a time, ensuring a smooth mixture after each addition.
3. Transfer dough into a piping bag with a large star nozzle. Pipe churros onto parchment paper.
4. Carefully place churros in the air fryer, ensuring no overlap.
5. Fry at 370°F for 10-13 minutes until golden.
6. For the sauce: Combine all ingredients in a saucepan. Heat until it thickens, stirring consistently. Serve warm churros with the rich chocolate sauce. Dive in!
What To Serve With Your Air Fryer Churros Recipe
You can also serve raspberry dipping sauce, a vanilla frosting, a cherry sauce, and a luscious whipped cream sauce with churros.
Traditionally, a cinnamon sugar mixture is made with 1 cup of granulated sugar and 1/4 cup ground cinnamon. I think it’s the best ratio to make spiced cinnamon sugar. You should also try my Sopaipillas recipe with cinnamon sugar.
It is not recommended to use powdered sugar to make a cinnamon sugar mixture. It melts when it makes contact with the warm air fryer churros.
How To Store Golden Brown Homemade Churros
You can store any leftover dough in an airtight container. The dough can be kept in the refrigerator for a day or up to two days.
To store leftover churro bites, again, place them in an airtight bag or container. They will lose their crispy texture once stored in the fridge, but it’s easy to get back.
To reheat churros, place them back in the air fryer at 370⁰F and crisp them up for 5 minutes.
How To Store Your Chocolate Sauce
Storing your chocolate sauce is much easier. Simply place it in a clean odor-free container and keep the sauce in the fridge for 3-5 days. This also goes for caramel sauce and homemade dulce de leche.
Tips For Making The Perfect Air Fryer Churros
Place the dough into a large piping bag. I always underestimate the amount of dough and end up having to refill my piping bag a thousand times! And trust me, the sticky churro dough makes it a messy process!
I prefer to use a reusable cloth piping bag in my kitchen. They work out cheaper in the long run, are sturdier for working with dough, and are more environmentally friendly. Here’s how to properly wash and store them.
When you pipe dough onto a baking sheet, you may find it difficult to “break off” the ends. I like to use a sharp slightly wet knife. The wetness helps prevent the dough from sticking to the blade.
Air Fryer Churros
- 1 Cup Water
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- A pinch of Salt
- ¼ cup Butter
- 5 oz Flour
For the Chocolate Sauce
- ⅓ cup Water
- 2 Tbsp Chocolate
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- 2 tsp Sugar
- In a saucepan, combine water, sugar, salt, and butter. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and immediately add the flour, stirring constantly until a smooth, thick paste-like mixture forms.
- Add the eggs one at a time, making sure to mix them thoroughly after each addition until they are fully incorporated.
- Transfer the churro dough to a pastry bag fitted with a large star-tip nozzle.
- Pipe the churros onto parchment paper, shaping them into the desired length.
- Carefully place the churros into the air fryer basket, ensuring they are not overcrowded.
- Cook the churros in the air fryer at 370°F for 10-13 minutes, or until they are golden brown and crispy.
- While the churros are cooking, prepare the chocolate sauce. In a separate saucepan, combine water, chocolate, cornstarch, and sugar. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly until it thickens into a smooth sauce.
- Once the churros are done, serve them warm with the chocolate sauce for dipping.