Unlike the usual cookies find at the store, these homemade cookies are soft on the inside and crunchy on the outside. But be careful, the buttery vanilla flavor makes them absolutely irresistible.
You can easily create your own beautiful design with a cookie cutter and a piping pen. If you are a creative person, you will have a great time playing around with different types of icing. And trust me, your kids will love absolutely love these heart-shaped treats!
At first, prepare the ingredients you will need for your cookies. Our recipe is neatly divided into 2 steps: Baking the cookies and making the icing. The base of the cookie dough is sugar and creamed butter. For this recipe, we are using vanilla to enhance the sweet flavor. Alternatively, you can also use almond extract. Butter and eggs add the necessary stability, structure, and flavor to the cookies. Apart from these ingredients, you will also need a hand mixer to prepare the dough, a cookie cutter to give shape to the cookies, and a piping pen to decorate them.
VALENTINE’S DAY COOKIE
- 3 ¼ cups Flour
- ¾ cup Sugar
- ⅔ cup Butter
- 2 Egg yolk
- 2 Teaspoons Baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla powder
- 4 cups Powder sugar
- 1 tablespoon Meringue powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 tablespoons Water
- In a large bowl add the butter, use a handheld mixer and start mixing it for a few minutes.
- Then, add the sugar and beat the granulated sugar and butter on medium speed until they become smooth.
- Add egg yolk and vanilla extract. Beat for about 1 more minute.
- Now, add flour after sieving. Beat until it blends completely.
- Knead the dough till it reaches proper consistency.
- Wrap the thought in klimfile and place it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Then, sprinkle some flour on the surface before flattening the dough.
- Use a cookie cutter to make wonderful shapes. You can try heart shape, triangle shape, and star shape to make your cookies look beautiful.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C / 320°F.
- Bake the cookies for about 8-10 minutes until they turn light brown on the sides.
- Remove the cookies from the oven. Allow them to cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet.
- Combine 4 cups of flour with water. Whisk with the help of a hand mixer so that it reaches proper consistency.
- Add powdered sugar, salt, and vanilla extract.
- Divide the freshly made icing in clean containers.
- Add concentrated food coloring powder or paste to the icing in each container. Stir so that it blends properly. You can experiment with a wide range of colors.
- Now decorate the cookies creatively with the icing from each container, using a piping pen.