Quiche stuffed bagels are the newest food trend making breakfast lovers everywhere excited! It is a combination of two breakfast favorites – bagels stuffed with creamy baked eggs.
These stuffed bagels have caused quite a stir on social media, including TikTok, where everyone looks for fun foodie hacks, so I thought I would give them a go, and – wow!
Not only is my recipe for quiche stuffed bagels delicious, full of sharp cheddar cheese, streaky bacon, fresh spinach, and avocado, and, for an extra unique twist, homemade guacamole, but they are so much fun to make!
So, if you are intrigued and are looking for a new breakfast recipe to try this weekend, keep reading to find out how to make my quiche-stuffed bagels!
WHAT ARE QUICHE-STUFFED BAGELS?
Aside from being fun to make and a filling and delicious start to the day, what exactly are quiche-stuffed bagels? Is there a quiche inside?
Not exactly! Fill the inside of a bagel with egg, cream, and salt, and top with cheese and bacon. Then bake until creamy and set, and the cheese melts. The bagel acts like a quiche crust, holding the filling in place.
Garnish the sandwich with spinach, avocado, and some spicy guacamole, then top it with the other half of the bagel. Now, you have a big, whole sandwich ready to devour!
If you are looking for a delicious classic quiche recipe try this Leek & Squash Quiche.
How to make quiche-stuffed bagels?
My recipe for quiche stuffed bagels is so easy, and you’ll be eating one for breakfast in no time at all. Here’s my guide on how to make them:
- First cook your streaky bacon until crispy.
- Slice the top off your bagel – you want the lower half to be deep enough to fill with egg mixture. Using a small sharp knife, carefully cut all the way around the inside edge of the bagel, then again within the outside edge. Pull out the spare bread in the middle, and keep it in the freezer to make breadcrumbs.
- In a small bowl, mix together the eggs, cream and salt, then pour it into the hollowed-out center of the bagel.
4. Finely chop the cooked bacon and sprinkle the egg with the bacon and cheese.
5. Place bagels on a baking tray and bake for 10 to 15 minutes until the egg is cooked.
6. Finish building the quiche stuffed bagel sandwich with spinach, avocado, and my delicious homemade guacamole.
QUICHE STUFFED BAGEL INGREDIENTS
It took me a while to create the perfect filling for my quiche stuffed bagels. I wanted a perfect balance of salty and indulgent, fresh and healthy. This way, we know we are treating ourselves without feeling too guilty!
You will need:
Bagels: Choose your favorite brand of bagels. My famous bagels have a lovely crunchy surface of seeds and more scattered throughout the bread for extra crunch. Some people are concerned not to waste bread when you hollow out the centers, but I freeze mine when I need breadcrumbs. I think I got that balance just right.
Eggs: The star of the show! You will need one per person.
Cream: To enrich the eggs and to set them like silk.
Salt and Pepper: Always season your egg mixture. You want to taste it among all the other flavors in the sandwich.
Streaky bacon is best because it cooks until really crispy, almost brittle, and can break up easily into shards.
Cheddar cheese: Choose a sharp cheddar with full flavor, so every mouthful tastes wonderfully cheesy!
Fresh spinach: Full of immune-boosting minerals, spinach is a superfood and has a satisfying crunch.
Avocado: A big breakfast sandwich is never complete without avocado. Slice into wedges and sprinkle with a bit of salt and lemon juice to bring out its creamy flavor.
Homemade guacamole: In my opinion, the best guacamole includes finely chopped onions and tomatoes for some bite, texture, and a little juicy crunch. To make homemade guacamole simply:
1. Slice a ripe avocado in half, pop out the stone. Slice the avocado into squares, then slide a big spoon under the skin and ease the flesh out into a bowl.
2. Add salt, pepper, freshly squeezed lime juice, and a pinch of chili flakes. Mash them all together.
3. Finely chop half an onion and half a tomato, along with a handful of fresh coriander.
4. Mix everything and serve.
Start your day as you mean to continue with the best quiche stuffed bagels recipe, full of bacon, cheese, fresh spinach and avocado, and homemade guacamole!
More Delicious Breakfast Recipes
QUICHE STUFFED BAGELS
- 3 slices Bacon
- 3 Bagels
- 3 Eggs
- 2 tablespoons Cream
- 1 ounce Sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Baby spinach
- 1 Avocado ripe
- ½ cup Guacamole homemade
- Preheat the oven to 374°F / 190°C.
- Fry the bacon in a frying pan until crispy. Remove from the pan and set aside to cool.
- Slice a tiny slither off the top of your bagels, then run a knife around the center, making sure you don’t go all the way through (see video for guidance). Carefully but firmly use your thumbs to push the center of the bagel to the outside, making way for your filling.
- In a small bowl whisk together the eggs and cream, then season it with salt and pepper.
- Place the bagels on a baking tray and spoon the egg filling inside, then top it up with the bacon and cheese.
- Pop the tray of bagels in the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until the bagels are crispy and the filling is cooked. A good way to check is to poke the quiche with a toothpick to see if it comes out dry or not.
- When the cheese is nicely golden on the top, take them out of the oven and start building your bagel sandwich.
- Top it with fresh spinach and avocado. Spread the other half of the bagel with homemade guacamole and close it to make a sandwich.
- Serve with a good sprinkling of fresh chives and your favorite dip!