If you need a quick recipe to fill you up in the mornings then look no further! My banana blueberry breakfast smoothie is full of oats, fresh fruit, and yogurt for a sweet yet well-balanced start to an energetic day!
I really love smoothies. In fact, I can’t get enough of them, and you will find plenty of different recipes for my delicious tried and tested smoothies all over my blog! As far as weaknesses go, smoothies is one of the better ones. Is there such a thing as drinking too many smoothies?
Currently, one of my favorites is this banana blueberry breakfast smoothie as it is 1) so sweet and creamy 2) it is filling as one of the key ingredients is oats, keeping me energized throughout the day and 3) it is the quickest and easiest healthy start. Not only that, but look at that bright shade of indigo! Isn’t it beautiful?!
Enjoy a glass of fruity filling smoothie in the morning with my recipe for banana blueberry breakfast smoothie. Read on to find out how to make it!
QUICK AND EASY BREAKFAST SMOOTHIE
If you have no time in the morning to eat breakfast before work, school, activities, or all the other requirements of the day, then my banana blueberry breakfast smoothie is the perfect solution.
Ready in less than 5 minutes, you can have a jug of smoothie waiting for all the family, or simply pour it into a travel cup to drink on the go.
Plus, it is such a healthy way to consume vital nutrients in the morning. It contains 2 of your 5 a day and is full of incredibly nutritious ingredients such as oats and Greek yogurt. It is sweet enough to satisfy any sugar cravings in the morning. Starting the day with a naturally sweet and fresh banana blueberry smoothie means you will resist the temptation of cookies and cakes throughout the day!
Who would have thought such little effort would be so beneficial?! If only everything in life was so easy!
WHAT INGREDIENTS WILL YOU NEED?
This banana blueberry breakfast smoothie only needs 6 ingredients and all you need to do is toss them into a blender and blitz until smooth. You will need:
– Oats: To make this smoothie really filling, like a rich and indulgent smoothie bowl, perfect for breakfast, I’ve added oats. They are also incredibly healthy and great for your gut health. We all need to have more oats in our diets, so start today and add spoonfuls to your smoothies.
– Banana: Full of potassium, vitamin C, and dietary fiber, bananas are a brilliant addition to fruity smoothies especially as they bring a delicious creamy sweetness.
– Blueberries: Adding a pop of color to your morning smoothie, blueberries are not only vibrant, but they are incredibly healthy as they have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Feel free to use either fresh or frozen blueberries.
– Almond milk or reduced-fat milk: Use whichever milk you prefer as both are full of vitamin C without the additional fat or calories. I like my smoothies with almond milk, so they are like creamy velvet.
– Greek-style yogurt: There are so many health benefits to Greek yogurt including improving your gut health and metabolism. Plus, it brings the bonus of weight loss because it keeps you fuller for longer.
– Honey: Just a little for a touch of sweetness!
SHOULD MY FRUIT BE FRESH OR FROZEN?
It doesn’t matter! Frozen blueberries are my preferred purchase at the grocery store because they are cheaper, you won’t need to add any ice to keep the smoothie cold, and it will be thick like a milkshake.
If you bulk buy fresh blueberries when they are at discount, then I recommend you freeze them in portions so you can just grab them for your smoothie recipes. I do this with all of my fruit – freezing in portions to make smoothie-making even easier. This has been such a useful hack for me (and my love of smoothies!).
Likewise, if you have a freezer full of frozen bananas like I often do – a useful trick for overly ripe bananas so they’re ready for a spontaneous banana bread one day – you can add that instead of fresh.
BLUEBERRY BANANA BREAKFAST SMOOTHIE
- ⅓ cup Oats
- 1 Banana ripe
- ½ cup Blueberries fresh or frozen
- ½ cup Almond milk or reduced-fat milk
- ½ cup Skimmed Greek yogurt
- ½ teaspoon Honey
- Add all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Add more water if needed to reach your desired consistency. Pour into chilled glasses and serve.