I love smoothies, but sometimes they just don’t fill you up like they claim to! So, I used one of my favorite banana blueberry smoothie recipes and made it heartier!
This smoothie recipe is packed with fiber from the oats and bananas which will help keep you fuller for longer. And, despite only having 5 ingredients, it’s absolutely delicious and uber-refreshing.
For more smoothie recipes, check out the drinks sections on my website. Try my copycat McDonald’s Mango Smoothie first!
WHAT INGREDIENTS WILL YOU NEED?
This banana blueberry breakfast smoothie only needs 6 ingredients and all you need to do is toss them into a blender and blitz until smooth. You will need:
Oats: To make this smoothie really filling, like a rich and indulgent smoothie bowl, perfect for breakfast, I’ve added oats.
Banana: Full of potassium, vitamin C, and dietary fiber, bananas are a brilliant addition to fruity smoothies especially as they bring a delicious creamy sweetness.
Blueberries: Adding a pop of color to your morning smoothie. Feel free to use either fresh or frozen blueberries.
Almond milk or reduced-fat milk: Use whichever milk you prefer. I like my smoothies with almond milk, so they are like creamy velvet.
Greek-style yogurt: The yogurt makes your smoothie rich and creamy. It also helps keep you fuller for longer.
Honey: Just a little for a touch of sweetness!
Banana Blueberry Smoothie Recipe – Tips And Tricks
- It’s best to use a fresh ripe banana, but sometimes that’s difficult to find or you don’t have time to ripen a banana quickly. In that case, you should try to think ahead and freeze some ripe bananas for future use. Ripe bananas are much sweeter. This way you can add natural sweetness instead of adding more honey or maple syrup.
- Make sure you use a high-speed blender that’s able to blend the oats, frozen bananas, and frozen blueberries. A high-powered blender will also allow you to blend until you reach the desired consistency for your blueberry banana smoothie.
- If you want a thicker consistency, definitely use frozen blueberries and frozen bananas. You can also add some ice cubes.
How do you store leftover blueberry smoothie?
This creamy smoothie is best served immediately. But if you do have some leftover blueberry smoothie, store it in a clean stain-free, and odor-free airtight container.
Keep the smoothie inside the fridge and serve within a day. It won’t spoil after 24 hours, but the flavors may become a little astringent as the fruity smoothie mixture oxidizes.
More Breakfast Smoothie
- Breakfast Banana Oatmeal Smoothie
- Banana Peanut Butter Strawberry Smoothie
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
BLUEBERRY BANANA BREAKFAST SMOOTHIE
- ⅓ cup Oats
- 1 Banana ripe
- ½ cup Blueberries fresh or frozen
- 1 ½ cups Almond milk or reduced-fat milk
- ½ cup Skimmed Greek yogurt
- ½ teaspoon Honey
- Add all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Add more milk if you need to reach your desired consistency.
- Pour into chilled glasses and serve.