Who doesn’t love sweet potatoes? Sweet potatoes are perfect for preparing savory dishes, and their sweet touch makes them suitable to create different delicious treats. One of the most popular ones is sweet potato brownies. This recipe is very quick and simple to make with only a few ingredients.
If you want to add more flavor to the sweet potatoes brownies, you can easily add additional spices such as nutmeg, ground cinnamon, vanilla, or toasted almonds.
SWEET POTATO BROWNIES
- ¾ cup Sweet potato puree
- 1 cup Peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup Flour
- ½ cup Chocolate chips
- ⅔ cup Sugar
- ⅓ cup Cocoa powder unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- Preheat your oven to 325°F / 160°C and prepare an 8-inch square baking pan by spraying it with baking spray. Set the pan aside.
- Place the peanut butter in a small pot and heat over medium-low heat to soften.
- Add the sweet potato puree and vanilla extract to the peanut butter and whisk together. Remove the pan from the heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, chocolate chips, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Stir together well.
- Add the peanut butter mix to the flour mix and stir to form a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and place in the preheated oven.
- Cook the brownies for 20 minutes or until the center is no longer liquid. The brownies may still look a little soft but they will set as they cool.
- Let the brownies cool in the pan for at least 2 hours (place them in the fridge to cool faster), then slice and serve.