Today I will show you how to prepare a delicious and fresh Empanada dough. This is one of my favorite recipes, with only a few ingredients you can make this delicious baked empanada dough.
BAKED EMPANADA DOUGH
- 3 cups All-puprose flour
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¾ cup Butter cold, cubed
- 1 Egg
- ½ cup Milk
- Place the flour and salt in a food processor and mix to combine.
- Add the cold, cubed butter and blend again until the mix looks sandy.
- Add the egg and milk to the food processor and mix until a smooth dough forms.
- Place the dough on a floured work surface and roll into a large, 1/8thinch thick sheet. Use a 4” cookie cutter to cut out 12 round circles.
- Fill the empanadas with your favorite filling, stuffing them with about 2-3 tablespoons of filling and sealing the empanadas shut by folding the dough in half and pinching it closed. You can also use a fork to press the edges.
- Place the empanadas in the fridge to cool for about 30 minutes (this will help them stay sealed as they bake).
- While the empanadas are chilling, preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Brush the empanadas with a little whisked egg and then bake them for about 18-22 minutes or until they are golden brown.
- Serve while warm.