Today’s recipe has gone viral! It’s the famous TikTok Taquito Enchiladas. These savory treats are super easy to make, require only 3 ingredients, and take less than 25 minutes!
What makes them even better is that this recipe is very versatile and can be served with virtually any accompaniment of your choosing. And it’s easy to garnish with different flavors, colors, and textures too.
Impress your family and friends with this incredibly hearty dish! And, if you are fortunate enough to have leftovers the next day, reheat them in an oven for a couple of minutes. It’s that easy!
What Are TikTok Taquito Enchiladas?
They became an overnight viral sensation! These enchiladas with taquitos are made with 3 simple ingredients, take less than 25 minutes to make, and are extremely easy and versatile too!
But what exactly are they?
You’ve likely seen many different versions of this TikTok enchilada recipe. While many people say “there is only one,” I disagree. Because at the end of the day, if you cannot customize a recipe, what’s the point?
These lazy taquito enchiladas are made with three main ingredients. They include premade frozen taquitos, canned enchilada sauce, and shredded cheese.
All of these ingredients are adjustable and you can use what you can find. And more importantly, you can use what fits your budget.
Once assembled and baked, you can serve these lazy enchiladas in any way that you’d like. I love garnishing mine in the original way, with chopped fresh cilantro and slices of lime. But check out the section below on different ways you can serve these delicious filling enchiladas.
Another reason I love this recipe is that it is quick and you can make it ahead of time. The benefits just don’t seem to stop, and it’s not surprising at all that this is becoming a global sensation!
Now, let’s take a look at how you can make this TikTok lazy enchilada recipe at home.
What Do You Need To Make This Frozen Taquito Enchilada Recipe
As I’ve already mentioned, for this lazy enchilada dish you need 3 ingredients only.
First up, you need to buy premade frozen taquitos. Obviously, you can make your own at home, but that kind of defeats the entire point of this recipe.
Today, I chose beef taquitos. However, you can also make chicken taquito enchiladas if you’d like. The same goes for any other option you want to try, be it vegan, vegetarian, fish, or pork.
Admittedly, taquitos aren’t the most affordable frozen food item to buy. But then again, premade food is always quite expensive.
That being said, don’t buy the cheapest option out there. The price is often linked to the quality and overall better flavor. So, either buy from a brand that you know or buy (at the very least) the mid-priced options.
You can take a look at these brands to find the best value-for-money frozen taquitos options. Most of these are available in chain grocery stores and online.
Canned Enchilada Sauce
Next up, you can choose any enchilada sauce that you can find. I prefer the canned options, but the jarred products are usually equally good.
There are MANY different flavors out there. So again, choose an option or brand that works for you. It’s another opportunity to play around with different flavor pairings.
Marble Jack Cheese
This isn’t the only option that you can use and virtually any melting cheese will work.
I love the Marble Jack option because of all the pretty colors, the delicious neutral flavor, and the amazing cheese pull that it gives you once it’s melted.
How To Make TikTok Enchiladas
- Preheat the oven to 400⁰F (204⁰C) and line a 9×13-inch baking dish with non-stick paper.
- Shred cheese, slice limes, and chop cilantro.
- Pour half of the enchilada sauce into the baking dish and place taquitos inside without overlapping.
- Add remaining enchilada sauce and sprinkle cheese on top.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the cheese is melted and slightly browned.
6. Garnish with cilantro and lime slices, and serve immediately.
How To Serve These Lazy Enchiladas Tik Tok Treats
Now, as you will see in this recipe, I simply garnished the enchiladas with chopped fresh cilantro and lime slices. I love the simplicity and like with most Tex-Mex and Mexican dishes, they add a ton of unique and more complex flavors.
You can also add other common popular garnishes such as sour cream, cream cheese, sliced fresh avocadoes, and salsa fresco (fresh salsa).
Some more unique but still popular options include fresh buttered corn, refried beans, and guacamole.
You can also make a green sauce like Chimichurri and serve it on the side. And, for those who love a bit of spice, experiment with different kinds of hot sauces or chili peppers.
How To Store TikTok Lazy Enchiladas
Let’s be honest, it’s highly unlikely that you will have any leftover frozen taquito enchiladas.
However, if you did make a big batch and have some left, the best way to store them is inside an airtight container in the fridge. They will stay good for about 3 days, possibly longer.
You can also freeze your casserole, but I’m not a fan of doing so. In my experience, it ends up making the enchiladas soggy when you thaw and reheat them.
How To Reheat Frozen Taquitos Enchiladas
If you do have some leftover enchiladas that need to be reheated, I suggest doing so in an oven.
A microwave may be a lot quicker and easier, but it changes the texture of your enchiladas, and not for the better.
Preheat your oven to 400⁰F (204⁰C). Put some non-stick-baking paper into a casserole dish. Add the leftover enchiladas and leave them to heat for 10-15 minutes, depending on the amount.
Once they are heated through and the cheese has become melty again, you can remove them and serve them immediately.
Can you make TikTok taquito enchiladas ahead of time?
It is possible, but the texture and flavor are FAR better if you make it fresh.
Can you make taquito enchiladas in an air fryer?
You can, but you would need a baking dish of some kind. Make sure that the baking dish you use is oven safe. Even though we aren’t baking, you are still using extremely high temperatures. Once you have placed the enchiladas inside the baking dish, place them in the air fryer and leave them for 10 minutes.
TikTok Taquito Enchiladas – An Incredibly Easy And Quick Dinner
- 18 frozen beef flour taquitos
- 8 ounces mrble jack cheese, shredded
- 20 ounces canned enchilada sauce
- 1 lime, sliced, for garnish
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish
- To start, preheat the oven to 400⁰F (204⁰C). Line a 9×13-inch casserole baking dish with non-stick baking paper. Set it aside.
- Next, prepare the filling ingredients. Shred the marble jack cheese, slice the limes, and roughly chop the fresh cilantro. Set the prepared ingredients aside.
- Next, pour half of the enchilada sauce into the bottom of the lined casserole dish.
- Then, arrange the taquitos into the pan. Place them next to each other and don't let them overlap.
- Add the remaining enchilada sauce over the taquitos. Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the sauce.
- Bake the lazy enchiladas for 20-25 minutes, or until the cheese becomes slightly brown, completely melted, and semi-bubbling.
- Remove your delicious lazy enchiladas taquitos from the oven. Garnish them with your sliced lies and chopped fresh cilantro. Serve immediately with a refreshing drink!