This Strawberry Watermelon Margarita is a refreshing summertime drink that’s easy to make and perfect for sipping by the pool. With just a few simple ingredients, you can enjoy this delicious cocktail any time of year. So, what are you waiting for? Grab a blender and give it a try! Cheers!
Tequila: Use a good quality tequila for this recipe. We recommend using a reposado or Blanco tequila.
Triple sec: This is an orange liqueur that adds sweetness and depth of flavor to the drink. You can also use other types of orange liqueur, such as Cointreau or Grand Marnier.
Watermelon: Watermelon is the key ingredient in this drink, so be sure to use fresh or frozen watermelon chunks for the best flavor.
Raspberry: You can use fresh or frozen raspberries in this recipe. If using frozen, thaw them before adding to the blender.
Strawberry: Fresh strawberries are best, but you can use frozen strawberries if necessary. If using frozen, thaw them before adding them to the blender.
Lemon juice: Freshly squeezed lemon juice is best, but you can use bottled lemon juice if necessary.
Crushed ice: This helps to create a smooth and refreshing drink.
Salt: Rimming the glasses with salt is optional, but it does add a nice flavor to the drink.
Start by adding the watermelon, strawberries, and raspberries to a blender. Add cold water and lemon juice and blend until smooth. Add the triple sec and tequila.
If you’re using fresh fruit, you may want to add a little more alcohol so the drink is nice and strong. Rim your glasses with salt (if desired) and fill them with the margarita mixture. Add some ice and enjoy! Cheers!
There are many ways you can vary this recipe to suit your taste. Here are a few ideas:
- Use different types of fruit: try adding blueberries, blackberries, or mango for a different flavor.
- Make it spicy: add a pinch of cayenne pepper or jalapeño to the blender for a little kick.
- Try different types of alcohol: rum, vodka, or gin would all be delicious in this recipe.
- Skip the salt: if you don’t want to rim the glasses with salt, that’s fine! The margaritas will still be delicious.
Can I make it Non-Alcoholic?
Yes, you can! Just omit the tequila and triple sec and add a little extra fruit juice or water to the recipe.
Tips & Tricks
- If you have a cocktail shaker, you can use it to mix the ingredients together before adding them to the glasses. Just add all of the ingredients (except for the ice) and shake well. Rim the glasses with salt and add ice, then pour in the margarita mixture.
- If you want a frozen margarita, just blend all of the ingredients (except for the salt) with ice until the desired consistency is reached. Rim the glasses with salt and serve immediately.
- For a fun twist, try using flavored salt to rim the glasses. Some good options include lime salt, chili lime salt, or grapefruit salt.
- If you don’t have a blender, you can make this recipe using a food processor. Just add all of the ingredients (except for the ice) and process until smooth. Rim the glasses with salt and add ice, then pour in the margarita mixture.
- If you want a really smooth margarita, strain the mixture through a fine-mesh strainer before adding it to the glasses. This will remove any chunks of fruit or seeds.
- If you want a really strong margarita, add an extra shot (or two) of tequila to the recipe. Just be sure to adjust the number of other ingredients accordingly so the drink is still balanced.
Can I store leftovers?
Yes, you can store leftovers in the fridge for up to 24 hours. Just be sure to give the margaritas a good stir before serving, as the ingredients may settle.
If you want to make a big batch of margaritas ahead of time, you can freeze them for later. Just add all of the ingredients (except for the ice) to a blender, blend until smooth, and put it in the freezer.
Once you’re ready to have the margaritas, just take the mixture out of the freezer and add ice to the blender. Blend until smooth and serve immediately. Rim the glasses with salt (if desired) and enjoy!
I hope you enjoy it!
Why not try a Strawberry Watermelon Margarita next time you have a party? This drink is made with fresh strawberries and watermelon, and it’s perfect for summertime. Plus, it’s easy to make – just follow the recipe below. Let’s get started!
MORE REFRESHING RECIPES
Strawberry Watermelon Margarita
- ½ cup tequila
- ¼ cup orange liquor or triple sec
- 2 cups frozen or fresh watermelon chunks
- 1 cup frozen or fresh raspberry
- ½ cup fresh Strawberry
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup crushed ice
- salt for rimming the glasses (optional)
- Rim glasses with salt (optional).
- Combine all ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Divide among glasses and enjoy!