These supreme oreo pancakes are a great way to kick off your weekend. They are so much fun to make and are super fluffy and delicious. This is one of the treats I could keep eating the entire day. Top them with some whipped cream and more crushed Oreos and voilà.
Supreme Oreo Pancakes – A Decadent Red Velvet Breakfast Treat
- 24 Oreo Supreme cookies, plus extra for garnish
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp fine salt
- 1 ¼ cup whole milk, room temperature
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 large egg white, whipped to stiff peaks
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- Whipped cream, for garnish
Make the Supreme Oreo pancake batter
- Crush 16 Oreos into tiny pieces. You can play around with texture here, but the chunks shouldn't be too large. Place them inside a large mixing bowl.
- Next, add the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Mix the ingredients well and set them aside.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, 2 whole eggs, and melted, cooled butter. Whisk until you have a uniform wet mixture.
- Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Whisk constantly, but gently, to ensure all of the ingredients come together smoothly.
- Finally, fold in the beaten egg white in two additions.
Cook the pancakes
- Heat a large frying pan or skillet over medium heat. If the pan isn't naturally nonstick, spray it with some cooking spray or brush it with butter or oil.
- Once heated, add one whole Supreme Oreo to the pan. Then, cover it with a 3/4 cup pancake batter.
- Leave the pancake to cook until the entire top surface is covered with small bubbles (or holes). This will take about 2-3 minutes.
- Flip the pancake over and continue cooking it on the other side for another 2-3 minutes. It should be beautifully browned and completely cooked through.
- Place the pancake aside. Continue the process until you've used all of the pancake batter.
- To serve these pancakes, you can top the stack with whipped cream and addition crushed Supreme Oreos for texture. Berries also go great with them!