Pineapple is a firm favorite in my house. I’d honestly eat it with every meal if I could! This recipe came out of one such play session and I was so delighted with the results it had to come straight on here.
The batter is delightfully light, and the flavors from the cinnamon, vanilla, and star anise work so well with the sweet tang from the pineapple, I’m sure you are going to love it.
Pineapple is one of those fruits that need to have its praises sung more often! It is rich in Vitamin C, it’s great for helping boost your immune system. It’s particularly good to eat when you have a cold as it helps soothe your throat. It is so incredibly good for you; it’s unreal.
It is full of manganese, which is excellent for bone health, and a whole host of disease-fighting antioxidants. Pineapple food deserves the superfood status and is on top of my list.
The great thing about using an air fryer is that you’re not negating all those health benefits by frying the pineapples in oil. This is an indulgent, mouthwatering dessert that is good for the taste buds and good for your health.
If you’ve never used rice milk before, you will be so surprised. It is deliciously sweet and works so well for a dessert like this. Trust me, it’s worth getting.
A nice dollop of coconut yogurt keeps it nice and healthy, or a generous scoop of vanilla ice cream also goes a treat with my pineapple rings. All that’s left to say is – enjoy!
GOLDEN PINEAPPLE RINGS
- 1 cup Almond milk or rice milk
- ⅔ cup Flour
- ½ cup Water
- ¼ cup Unsweetened flaked coconut
- 4 tablespoons Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Baking soda
- ½ teaspoon Baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla essence
- ½ teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground anise star
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1 Pineapple peeled and sliced
- In a large bowl, stir together all the ingredients except the pineapple.
- Dip each pineapple slice into batter until evenly coated.
- Arrange the pineapple slices in the basket and air fry at 380°F / 193°C for 6 to 8 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the basket to a plate and cool for 5 minutes before serving.