Outside of Africa, in London, Paris, and other metropolitan cities, people seem increasingly curious to learn more about the uniqueness of African food than ever before.
Surely, African food is as beautiful as the continent itself. While the veil of misconceptions surrounding Africa is lifting, isn’t it just time to get around and explore the unique and irreplaceable beauty of its cuisine?
So, today we will prepare coconut rice, one of my favorite tropical side dishes which is also quick and simple to prepare. I particularly like to present coconut rice as one of many options on a big table full of tropical delicacies.
- 2 cups Jasmine rice
- 1 ½ cups Water
- 1 cup Coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 10 ounces Okra
- First, rinse the jasmine rice in a saucepan several times until the water runs clear.
- Then add coconut milk, water, and salt.
- Cook on medium heat for 20 minutes.
- While the rice is cooking, put the okra into a separate pan and cook it for two to three minutes.
- Add the okra to the rice and cook it for 10 more minutes.
- Serve the warm rice together with the okra as a side or main dish.