Make every holiday season special by baking a delicious chocolate cake for your family and friends! You will be able to surprise your loved ones with a soft and moist chocolate cake if you follow our recipe step by step. If you have never baked a chocolate cake before, you must check out our simple recipe right away.
Everyone loves chocolate cake as it is a total mood booster. The primary ingredients you will need are butter, chocolate, sugar, milk, flour, hazelnuts, and eggs. Apart from being mouthwatering, we also try to keep our recipe as healthy as possible. For instance, we will be using dark chocolate rich in antioxidants. Hazelnuts are rich in calcium, magnesium, Vitamin B, and Vitamin E.
For garnishing, we are using figs which are an excellent source of calcium. You can easily customize the recipe by opting for cashews or almonds instead of hazelnuts. You can also marinate the nuts in mixed fruit juice to enhance their taste and nutritional value.
- 1 ⅛ cup Dark Chocolate
- ½ cup Butter melted
- ½ cup Sugar
- ½ cup Unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons Hazelnuts
- 4 Tablespoons Flour
- A Teaspoon of Baking powder
- 3 Egg yolks
- 3 Egg whites
- Pinch of salt
- Pieces of fig for garnishing
- Powdered sugar for garnishing
- Preheat the oven to 350°F / 175°C.
- Butter 3 small baking trays. Dust them with flour. Tap off the excess.
- Cut the dark chocolate into small pieces.
- Add melted butter and dark chocolate to a bowl. Stir until it melts and forms a dark chocolate syrup.
- Separate the egg white and egg yolk in 2 bowls. With a hand mixer, beat the egg whites until they become creamy. Keep it aside.
- Add baking powder and sugar to the chocolate syrup. Stir. Add grounded hazelnuts.
- Next, add egg yolks. Stir until it combines. Add flour after sieving it. Mix. Add milk and egg white. Stir and mix.
- Pour the batter in the 3 baking trays. Make sure that the batter is equally divided.
- Add the fig halves and bake for about 30-35 minutes.
- Insert a toothpick in to the center of the cake to ensure that there are no crumb. If the toothpick comes out clean, it means that that it is fully baked.
- Drizzle powdered sugar on top of the freshly baked cake